Friday, March 18, 2005

King of the Heap

Ooh, day three in New York; I'm as happy as a pup can be.

My mistress was delayed in the customs queue coming into JFK which was
very opportune for me as I snuck out after the suitcase got out onto
the carousel, after which I made my way in on the subway. It was a bit
scary and grim at first, especially being a little white-dog, but
attention was conveniently deflected by a 16-stone, topless, homeless
guy soliciting for donations.

Yesterday I caught the early morning Staten Island Ferry to see ma
belle Liberty- she's a lot shorter and stockier in real life.



Staten Island looked boring so I went straight back to Manhattan on
the return trip. I tried to make friends with the NYPD dogs, asking
them no-brainers like how the donuts were in Manhattan compared to,
say Queens, but they weren't having any of it. Apparently the only
soft toys they have dealings with are inevitably stuffed to the
earholes with cocaine! Ooh-er! I wished them a good day and went
quickly on my way.

I spent a few hours noseying around Chinatown and watching the old men
play Chinese chess in Columbus Park, surrounded by the smell of
boiling dumplings. Then back up town via Union Square- where there was
still enough snow for snow dogs! Brrr...



Must rush off now- I'm off to see Chinatsu Ban's show at the Marianne Boesky gallery in Chelsea.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Big Dog said...

Oh! There you are! I was wondering where you'd got to! New York! Geez! The Big Apple! Well, just don't forget those you left behind in the Big Potato! Miss you lots little pooch! Hurry back xx

2:07 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Nice picture of you in the snow? Just watch out for the yellow snow, ok?

Enjoy your visit and be sure to grab a hot dog from one of the friendly street vendors! (or is that too cannibalistic?_

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home