Thursday, March 03, 2005

No, Sarah Jessica, No!



Good Lord, what is going on with Sarah Jessica Parker?

I was intently enjoying my last 15 minutes of Desperate Housewives (a simply perfect little peach of a show, except for the fact that none of the so-called suburban households have dogs), when during the ad break, I witnessed a stomach-churning 30 seconds of TV footage that completely shattered my concentration for the rest of the episode.

I am, of course, talking about the new Gap 'Pretty Khaki' TV ad. I can just visualise some fluid-thinking ad exec coming up with the genius idea to rip off Bjork's video clip for 'It's Oh So Quiet', except with Sarah Jessica Parker in the starring role, running out of her pink-themed bedroom into the street to throw up a disgustingly twee bunch of flowers into the sunshiney spring sky in order to sell you khaki outfits with horrid girly trim.

Beware: this is one deeply, deeply, uncool advertisement.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good point about the commercial... now, you could not name your favorite bowie song for me before. can you tell me who your favorite desperate housewife is? I like that eva longoria.

sdm

1:41 AM  
Blogger hachiko said...

Ooh, that's easy. Most definitely Marcia Cross, aka Bree Van De Camp.
What a monomaniacal, complex, frustrated woman she is! But full of love inside, too. She gets bonus points for managing to not kill her son Andrew, who is just too horrid for words.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Natsthename said...

Sarah Jessica must be stopped! Gap is EVIL, I say, EVIL!!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home