Saturday, March 12, 2005

SAD Puppy



Blah. Springtime always saps the motivation out of me. While the rest of London celebrates the return of sunshine this week by rushing to the nearest green space and taking their tops off, I've been stagnating in a state of soporific solar inebriation. Young men's thoughts may be turning lightly to love, but mine are kind of contemplating the ice-cold water at the bottom of the toilet bowl. I know I said I wasn't the most winter-loving pup the other day, but at least I get more done when it's below freezing outside and pelting down rain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to get a tan. I also love the birds twittering distractingly outside my window (in my more limber days, I would have been itching to chase after them), and there's suddenly loads of really nice-looking bitches out walking down the street with their owners.

The sudden appearance of all this lovely stuff means I've been more inclined to spend my days flat on my back, with a tall shot-glass of fruity mocktail within arm's reach, than do anything else. That's not a bad thing in itself, but me, I hate sitting still. The only problem is, blogging in this weather makes me work up a sweat faster than you can say 'Fire Hazard: Keep Away From Heat'. So I try to sit still. Look at me, I'm so rigid with the effort of enjoying myself that if I had teeth you could practically hear me grinding them right now.

Maybe I have the obsessive-compulsive, overachieving, toy dog variation on SAD, which is the seasonal affective disorder that's become the official reason for why English people are so grumpy all the time. It's driving me nuts. Although, I think I'm definitely a bit browner now- when I take off my scarf in the mirror I can see a little white ring around my neck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Natsthename said...

Sounds like you need a vacation to The States, New England in particular. Winter will just not leave us, with .3 m of the fluffy white stuff falling into my yard yesterday. Keep working on the tan, though. Just remember, by the time you're 4, you'll look 10.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home